Inventory is the stock you have and detailed information on its conditions. In restaurants, food inventory list plays a very important role. This keeps supplies well organized, connected and well monitored.
In essence, an inventory of restaurant food is done to prevent losses and calculate restaurant profits. If you don’t know what you are missing because you have never tracked it, you won’t know your profit for certain. With food inventory, you will know for sure:
- supplies coming into the restaurant
- details of food coming out of the kitchen
- details of leftovers in the kitchen
- food demand trends by customers
- food depreciation due to any reason
- profit or loss (calculated from comparing two food inventory reports)
To become a food inventory expert, you must be familiar and familiar with the following terms:
- Sitting Inventory, which means the number of products or the value of products in the kitchen (in-house).
- Depletion, which means the amount of product or product value used in a certain period of time.
- Usage, which means the amount or value of currency from sitting inventory divided by the average decrease in a certain period.
Case in point: You did an inventory tracking and found that there are 1,000 liters of vegetable oil. Then, you plan to use 200 liters of vegetable oil in a week. That means, you have five weeks of usage.
- Variance, is defined as the difference between product costs and total usage costs.
At least, there are two ways to do a restaurant and food inventory. The first way is to use software to do automated inventory management. This is believed to be the most accurate way to track inventory. However, very few operating system have integrated inventory management, or you need to install one yourself. You also need to have expertise to operate it. Furthermore, this management software tends to be expensive and not user friendly.
Another way is to use par sheet. The person in charge needs to use the sheet as a guide of what and how much they should order based on their sitting inventory. For certain events, the restaurant may require additional inventory. This method is intuitive and does not require a lot of complicated calculations. However, you are required to make a lot of reports in order to compare the contents of the report with other reports. You can make a food inventory list from our inventory templates here:
- Free Download Sample Food Inventory Template
- Free Download Food Inventory Template
- Free Download Restaurant Inventory Template
- Free Download Par Inventory Sheets Template
- Free Download Food Management Sheet Template
- Free Download Form for Food Inventory Template
- And many more!
Our sample food inventory is available in popular file formats such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Apple Pages. They are also free to download, modify, and print without worrying about license and legal issues. Our templates are also fully customizable layouts, including high quality images, graphic filter, and free fonts. You can download these ready-made templates now for free!