Inventory is a term in the accounting field that refers to goods that are ready for sale. These goods exist in a variety of states including finished goods (goods available for sale), semi-finished goods (goods in the process of production), and raw goods (goods used to produce finished goods). A company in general has the largest assets in the form of inventory. Inventory assets are expected to sell with the next year.
Because inventory is very important, the company imposes individual inventory tasks to one or several people. They are responsible for keeping regular records and keeping inventory records up-to-date and accurate. Usually, a massive and comprehensive inventory is recorded annually. Keeping inventory is not just about recording the products and item information/descriptions but also calculating how much items needed to be bought.
Meanwhile, companies that always carry out an inventory check every day are considered to have perpetual inventories. Their calculations are always up to date because every day there are officers who record everything. Second notes of the most recent inventory are compared. If a change is found, the change is analyzed. Changes that occur due to missing are called “shrinkage” and can occur due to various things including theft.
The person in charge uses the inventory templates that the company has provided. The right inventory form template is an important factor for making an assignment organized and easy. Below are sample formats for the inventory template that you can use:
- Free Download Sample Inventory Template
- Free Download Inventory Spreadsheet Template
- Free Download Inventory Sign Out Sheet Template
- Free Download Inventory Checklist Template
- Free Download Small Business Checklist Template
- Free Download Blank Spreadsheet Template
- Free Download Sample Application Inventory Form Template
- Free Download Example Format Property Inventory Form Template
- Free Download Service Contract Inventory Form Template
- Free Download General Estate Inventory Form Template
- Free Download Food Storage Inventory Form Template
- Free Download Computer Inventory Software Form Template
- Free Download Sample Log Sheet Inventory Form Template
- Free Download Home Inventory Form Sample Template
- Free Download Hierarchical Inventory Template
- Free Download Library Record Inventory Form Template
- Free Download Feed Inventory Form Template
- Free Download Sample Template for Property Inventory Template
- Free Download Business Tracking Inventory Form Template
- And many more!
To create an inventory list, here are the steps:
- Write down all of your inventory items that are in stock. If you have more than one stock space, separate according to space.
- List all items that have run out and list it as “0” stock “.
- Make an organized list, for example in alphabetical or serial number. It is recommended to sort by number because if there are new items on the list it doesn’t change much.
- Leave a little space to write a description.
- Make a price chart next to each item description.
- Make a table to write down how much stock you have left.
- Check inventory within a certain time period, for example daily, weekly. monthly, or yearly.
- Write down the date of inventory recording on the bottom and put your signature.
Our sample inventory templates are available in popular file formats such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Apple Pages. They are also free to download, modify, and print without worrying about license and legal issues. Our templates are also fully customizable layouts, including high quality images, graphic filter, and free fonts. You can download these ready-made templates now for free!